Primary School Sports Funding
Information about the Government initiative for funding sport in primary schools can be found at: http://www.education.gov.uk
What is the Sports Premium?
The government is providing funding of £150 million per annum. The funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, and the money goes directly to primary school Headteachers to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children. Each school will receive £8,000 plus an extra £5 per pupil (Year 1 – Year 6) each year – at Whitehall Park School that is around £8,590 a year.
Purpose of the funding
Schools have to spend the sport funding on improving their provision of PE and sport, but they have the freedom to choose how they do this. You can read here, how we used our funding last year.
How Whitehall Park are using the funding in 2019-20:
- Promote high quality provision of P.E across the school.
- Continue to develop staff expertise in teaching the PE curriculum.
- Increase participation in extra-curricular clubs.
- To promote healthy active lifestyles at playtimes and lunchtimes.
- We buy high quality materials and equipment to support learning in PE and games.
- We provide a range of opportunities for enrichment activities after school and at lunchtimes.
- To develop a love of sport and physical activity.
Take a look at our 2019 20 report which shows how we intend to use the funding to improve the provision of PE and sport for the benefit of pupils.[/vc_column_text][vc_separator][/vc_column][/vc_row]